Today over 1.9 billion people worldwide are overweight. Some can’t imagine people actually wanting to gain weight but can’t. For some people who are underweight, putting on a few pounds is a real challenge-especially if they want to do it in a healthy way.
The following tips will quickly and safely help a person gain weight:
Eat three to five meals a day
Weight training is necessary for healthy weight growth, at least three days a week. That will help you gain and maintain lean muscle mass.
A person will need to change and improve their exercises by increasing either the weight they lift or the number of reps or sets, in order to continue increasing lean body mass.
Compound movements are one way a person can efficiently build muscle. These include weight lifts involving multiple muscle groups, for example deadlifts, squats, and bench presses.
People who regularly work out have to pay attention to their calorie intake to ensure they provide enough energy for their body.
Eat More Calories Than Your Body Burns
Having a calorie surplus is the most important thing you can do to gain weight, ensuring you eat more calories than your body needs.
You can use calorie calculator to calculate your calorie needs, which you can find in google play.
If you want to gain weight slowly and steadily, according to the calculator, strive for 300–500 calories more than you consume every single day.
If you want to gain weight fast, go over the maintenance level to around 700–1,000 calories.
Mind calorie calculators provide only estimates. Your needs can differ, give or take, by several hundred calories a day.
You don’t have to count calories for the rest of your life, but for the first couple of days or weeks it helps to get a feel for how many calories you’re eating. There’s a lot of great tools out there to help.
Eat enough protein
A diet that includes the correct amount of protein will help muscle growth. When combination with regular weight practice, it will increase a person’s muscle mass by eating 0.8–2.0 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. For healthy weight gain this is important.
High protein foods include eggs, meats, fish, nuts, and legumes.
Eat Energy-Dense Foods and Use Sauces, Spices and Condiments
Again, mostly whole, single-ingredient foods are very important to eat.
The problem is that these foods seem to be more nutritious than junk foods which are refined, making it harder to get enough calories.
This can help with the use of tons of spices, sauces, and condiments. The more tasteful the food is, the simpler it is to eat much of it. Always, try to focus as much as possible on energy-dense foods.
Here are some energy dense foods suitable for weight gain:
- Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, etc.
- Dried fruit: Raisins, dates, prunes and others.
- High-fat dairy: Whole milk, full-fat yogurt, cheese, cream.
- Fats and oils: Extra virgin olive oil and avocado oil.
- Grains: Whole grains like oats and brown rice.
- Meat: Chicken, beef, pork, lamb, etc. Choose fattier cuts.
- Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams.
- Dark chocolate, avocados, peanut butter, coconut milk, granola, trail mixes.
Many of these foods are very satisfying, and you may need to push yourself sometimes to keep eating even when you feel full.
When weight gain is a priority for you, it may be a good idea to avoid eating a lot of vegetables. It just leaves less room for energy-dense foods.
It’s fine to eat whole fruit and try to prioritize fruit that doesn’t need too much chewing, like bananas.
To gain weight, exercising is very important. Training your body weight intensively improves your muscles and also stimulates your fat-burning engine. Very important for your health are endurance sports such as running or cycling, but they consume lots of calories without really promoting muscle growth.
They prefer to concentrate on strength training (3-4 days a week) with more weight and less repetitions if you want to maintain healthy weight. This is the most effective way muscle gain can be felt. You can do it at home or in the fitness centre. The gym would be your best option if you want to get off to a good start. You’re going to have more fitness options and a trainer that really can help you get started.
If you choose to work out in the gym, the most important are the basic exercises. The best muscle development techniques are to:
- Bench press
Once you incorporate these exercises into your training plan, get them explained to you by a physical therapist or fitness trainer and make sure you perform them right so you won’t get hurt.
Here are 10 more tips to gain weight:
- Before meals, do not drink water. This can fill your stomach and make it more difficult to get enough calories in.
- Eat more often. Whenever you can, squeeze in an extra meal or snack, such as before bed.
- Drink milk. Drinking whole milk to quench thirst is an easy way of getting protein and calories of higher quality.
- Try shakes for weight gainer. If you really fail then you can use shakes from weight gainers. In protein, carbs and calories these are very high.
- Use bigger plates. Using large plates probably if you want to get more calories, because smaller plates allow people to eat less immediately.
- Fill the coffee with cream. That’s an easy way to add more calories.
- Take some creatine. The creatine monohydrate muscle building supplement will help you gain more pounds of muscle weight.
- A good sleep. Sleeping properly is very important to growth of the muscle
- First eat the protein and last vegetables. First eat the calorie-dense and protein-rich foods if you have a combination of foods on your plate. Then, eat the vegetables.
- Don’t smoke anymore. Smokers tend to weigh less than non-smokers, so weight gain is often caused by quitting smoking.
(source: healthline.com, medicalnewstoday.com, runtastic.com)